MOUNTAINSHAK - 2017 PUT FOOT RALLY EVENT STAFF
As a 2017 volunteer staff member you will have the opportunity to experience the largest Put Foot Rally in history. You'll spend 18 glorious day, with over 200 Crews | 500 Participants from around the world... all covered by Mountainshak.
In return you will play an important role delivering the operational and logistical plans for the Put Foot Rally, including managing manpower, equipment, checkpoints and parties in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia and Malawi.
The opportunity to work on one the world's most complex and difficult, international events, will provide you with an opportunity to showcase your skills and abilities, while gaining invaluable, live event experience,.
As a confident, profession member of the HQ staff team, you will be a key team member entrusted to deliver a world class event, a vibe and an atmosphere unparalleled. Your primary focus will be ensuring the safety of our participants at all times, while also delivering on all time sensitive operational and logistical deadlines.
You will also act as a trusted source for help and advice to participants throughout the event, with a duty to uphold the Put Foot Rally rules and Code of Conduct.
- Support preparation of Registration Day, Start Line, Checkpoint and Finish Line activities
- Fulfill duties as designated by Executive Team, duties may include:
- Registration: Check-in/Check-out
- Crowd control, security and bar management
- Equipment Inventory management and maintenance
- Loading/Unloading of equipment
- Placement of company and sponsor branding
- Daily vehicle inspections and maintenance
- Participant border-crossing assistance posts
- Supporting charity project activities
Travel will be required: South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe
IMPORTANTLY, YOU SHOULD DEMONSTRATE:
- An understanding of who we are and what we do
- Trustworthiness, and excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to work independently, managing your own time and prioritising your responsibilities
- Confidence, interpersonal skills and ability to speak with colleagues, and participants
- Acute attention to detail, and professionalism to deliver the safest, and highest quality event possible
- A healthy sense of humour and a sense of fun!
- Minimum: Outdoor events experience - references critical
- A driver’s license and valid passport is a prerequisite
- Preferred: Put Foot Rally Veteran, or relevant event work experience
- Company: Mountainshak Adventures
- Location: CBD, Cape Town, South Africa
- Job Type: Contract
- Start Date: 17 June - 6 July 2017
- Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer Work
APPLY FOR THE 2017 PUT FOOT RALLY STAFF POSITION:
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or other status protected by law.