MOUNTAINSHAK BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Business Development Manager is primarily focused on Put Foot Rally charity and sponsorship projects, but will also include new projects associated with Mountainshak Group events launching in 2017. The role will involve a mix of office-based event/project planning during the off-season, with in-field work, implementing projects, during events.
The Business Development Manager will lead on brand communication and strategy for marketing, sponsorship and fundraising campaigns. You will be responsible communication with participants, partners, sponsors and donors. You will work with the executive team on event brand expansion and play a key role in the development of additional revenue channels for Mountainshak events.
- Develop and implement national fundraising / sponsorship campaigns
- Lead on sponsor and donor relations
- Plan and manage sponsorship / charity operations and logistics
- Managing financial forecasts and budgets
- Identifying suitable schools across Southern Africa for charity projects
- Coordinate and oversee volunteers and donors
- Respond to customer service queries
- Develop and coordinate all Marketing, PR and Media strategies
Travel will be required locally and internationally.
IMPORTANTLY, YOU SHOULD DEMONSTRATE:
- An understanding of who we are and what we do
- Understanding of Non Profit Organization (NPO) / Public Beneficiary Organization (PBO) compliance requirements
- A proven track-record of successful sponsorship and fundraising campaigns
- Detail-orientated, possess excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills,
- The ability to work independently, managing your own time and prioritising your responsibilities
- Confidence to be able to speak with colleagues, suppliers, suppliers and donors
- A healthy sense of humour and a sense of fun!
Minimum: 4 years' NPO/PBO experience - references critical
A driver’s license and valid passport is a prerequisite
Experience using Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Preferred: Bachelor's degree or verifiable experience managing a NPO/PBO
- Company: Mountainshak Adventures
- Location: CBD, Cape Town, South Africa
- Job Type: Full Time
- Start Date: 1 March 2017
- Compensation: Competitive salary and bonus opportunities commensurate with experience and performance.
APPLY FOR THE ASSISTANT CHARITY MANAGER POSITION:
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or other status protected by law.