MOUNTAINSHAK EVENTS DIRECTOR
The Events Director will primarily be focused on the Put Foot Rally, but will also lead the team launching two exciting event series' in 2017. This role will be varied, with a good mix of office-based event planning in the off-season and outdoor event delivery, across a range of events, during event-season. This role will provide a solid foundation in event production working for a well-known and respected international brand.
The Events Director is responsible for executing and managing the operational and logistical plans for the Put Foot Rally, as well as liaising and coordinating with the Put Foot Foundation on all integrated charity projects.
You communicate event details with checkpoints hosts, sponsors, partners, contractors, volunteers and crews; field enquiries and respond to these; prepare and purchase orders and collate invoices; prepare checklists and documentation.
- Develop and manage event operations and logistics
- Managing event financial forecasts and budgets
- Coordinate and oversee all event staff, partners and and stakeholder
- Planning and executing pre-event site builds and post-event load outs
- To respond to customer service queries
- To manage all event equipment, machinery and material orders
- Administration of all event equipment and maintenance
- Develop and coordinate all PR and Media comms strategies
Travel will be required locally and internationally.
IMPORTANTLY, YOU SHOULD DEMONSTRATE:
- An understanding of who we are and what we do
- Entrepreneurial robustness, trustworthiness, and excellent problem solving skills
- A commitment to outdoor events, preferably mass participation or sport events
- The ability to work independently, managing your own time and prioritising your responsibilities
- Confidence, interpersonal skills and ability to speak with colleagues, contractors, crew and customers
- Acute attention to detail, and professionalism to deliver the safest, and highest quality events
- A healthy sense of humour and a sense of fun!
- Minimum: 4 years' outdoor events experience - references critical
- A driver’s license and valid passport is a prerequisite
- Experience using Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree or relevant events management qualification is a plus
- Company: Mountainshak Adventures
- Location: CBD, Cape Town, South Africa
- Job Type: Full Time
- Start Date: 1 March 2017
- Compensation: Competitive salary and bonus opportunities commensurate with experience and performance.
APPLY FOR THE MOUNTAINSHAK EVENTS DIRECTOR POSITION:
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or other status protected by law.