2018 PUT FOOT RALLY EVENT STAFF
As a 2018 volunteer staff member you will have the opportunity to experience the largest Put Foot Rally in history. You'll spend 19 glorious days, with over 200 Crews | 500 Participants from around the world... all expenses paid.
You and the team will execute the operational and logistical plan for the Put Foot Rally, including managing: manpower, vehicles, equipment, camp sites, on-site kitchens, bars, security and external service providers in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, and Mozambique.
As a confident, professional member of the HQ staff team, you will be a key team member entrusted to deliver a world class event, a vibe and an atmosphere unparalleled. Your primary focus will be ensuring the safety of our participants at all times, while also delivering on all time sensitive operational and logistical needs.
You will also act as a trusted source for help and advice to participants throughout the event, with a duty to uphold the Put Foot Rally rules and Code of Conduct.
- Support preparation of Registration Day, Start Line, Checkpoint and Finish Line activities
- Fulfill duties as designated by Executive Team, duties may include:
- Registration: Check-in/Check-out
- Crowd control, security and bar management
- Equipment Inventory management and maintenance
- Loading/Unloading of equipment
- Placement of company and sponsor branding
- Daily vehicle inspections and maintenance
- Participant border-crossing assistance posts
- Supporting charity project activities
Travel will be required: South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, and Mozambique.
IMPORTANTLY, YOU SHOULD DEMONSTRATE:
- An understanding of who we are and what we do
- Trustworthiness, and excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to work independently, managing your own time and prioritising your responsibilities
- Confidence, interpersonal skills and ability to speak with colleagues, and participants
- Acute attention to detail, and professionalism to deliver the safest, and highest quality event possible
- A healthy sense of humour and a sense of fun!
- Minimum: Outdoor events experience - references critical
- A driver’s license and valid passport is a prerequisite
- Preferred: Put Foot Rally Veteran, or relevant event work experience
- Company: Mountainshak Adventures
- Location: CBD, Cape Town, South Africa
- Job Type: Contract
- Start Date: 15 June - 6 July 2017
- Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer Work
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work on one of the world's most complex and difficult, international events. A chance to level up your skills while gaining invaluable, live event experience delivering the most kick-ass event on Earth.
APPLY FOR THE 2018 PUT FOOT RALLY STAFF POSITION:
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for contract employment with no preference to race, nationality, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or other status protected by law.