PACK THIS SH*T!
- Passport. (With more than 6 months to expiry)
- Visas for foreign passport holders
- Drivers Licence
TOP TIP: Make certified copies of all documents
TOP TIP: If pulled over by an official hand them a certified copy, NEVER hand them your driver’s licence
MEDICATION / VACCINATIONS
- Yellow Fever No longer compulsory vaccination you need, but bring the yellow booklet if you have it
- Malaria Tablets. Highly recommended, but consult your Doctor.
- Your Medical / Travel Insurance documents & Emergency Telephone numbers for each country!
Please seek professional medical advice on what medication / vaccinations are recommended.
- SAPS Form 263 ("Interpol Vehicle Clearance Letter")
*Must have if you go via Zimbabwe via Kariba Dam
- Original / certified copy of your vehicle's registrations papers.
- Letter of authority from owner of vehicle (if you're driving a borrowed vehicle, or if you're still paying the bank on your vehicle).
- A copy of the owner's I.D.
- Affidavit from Police (stating the vehicle is yours/own loan and will be returning to South Africa)
- Copy of Insurance Documents
T.I.A = ....the more documents & copies you have, with fancy stamps etc... the better chance you have!
EXTRAS FOR YOUR VEHICLE
- Emergency triangles (like in the pic below)
- Carrying jerry cans? = Compulsory to have a fire extinguisher.
- Red and white T-signs required if towing a trailer:
- White T on front right-hand, red T on rear right-hand side of trailer.
- White reflective tape is required on the front bumper.
- Red reflective tape on the back of the vehicle.
- Reflective jacket is mandatory.
- Yellow & Blue triangle sticker
(small on right of vehicle’s front bumper, big on back left & on back of trailer if towing)
Camping: During the Rally you will get tired, up early, driving, seeing sights, heat, new sights, sounds and smells will leave you buggered / blerrie tired! So our advice is to bring along good quality camping equipment.
- Tent & Tarpaulin (very useful as groundsheet and thorn evader!)
- Sleeping bag & Pillow & Mattress
** We prefer the cushion type as opposed to inflatable.
Cold, Warm, Beach weather.
- Long sleeve top and pants for mozzie protection
- 1 pair of each for the hardcore + some washing powder
*We take no responsibility for the accuracy of this list.